From: Noch Noch Li <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 2:45 PM
Subject: A few minutes of your time to help with a Bearapy online campaign (7-16 April 2017) for a good cause
Yes indeed, i must apologize for this mass email, and also perhaps an email out of the blue, but as a race against time, and hoping that you will overlook my trespass of silence and not keeping in touch as much as I should, I am writing to ask for a few minutes of your time beginning this Friday for a few days to help with a good cause....
I hope you can take a few minutes to help me out on a Bearapy online campaign. It will take place between 7-16 April and I simply ask that you help me repost and share on your social media platforms (Facebook, WeChat, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) during that period. If you have a few more seconds to spare, would love it if you could add your answer/comment to the Bear photos I post.
Of course, my NochNoch blog will be updated too - and with that, thank you for your continued readership and support and dropping me notes of encouragement!
I am doing this campaign in conjunction with the World Health Organisation's (WHO) World Health Day 2017, as the theme this year is "Depression: Let's Talk." You know that with my personal experience has motivated me into consulting for organizational change and corporate culture, specifically for executive mental well-being. This campaign is part of my efforts to continue raising awareness towards topics of depression, stress, and burnout in the community.
Here's how it works: Beginning on 7 April, for 10 days, I will post a different Bear photo across my social media platforms and ask people to respond instinctively in the comments on what emotions the bear might be feeling. This encourages us to face up to our vulnerabilities, defenses, and fears, which then allows us to talk about the emotions and seek help. Here is how you can help (please do not feel obliged to do all the below, but as much as possible as your time allows):
- Repost the bear picture and blog post on 7 April 2017 on your social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram @your friends) to encourage your friends to join the campaign.
- When reposting, you could copy & paste or write you own version of the short narrative of my picture—the most important thing is to include the tags (#Bearapy #LetsTalk #depression #RealEmotions #everythingsnotokay)
- Repost/share as many bear pictures as you can during 7-16 April 2017.
- Ask your friends and network to comment and/or share with their friend.
- Add a comment about how you think the bear is feeling with each picture to stimulate discussion.
I will send a quick reminder nearer the time. Sincere thanks for your contribution in making this world more mentally healthy and helping me out!